About Lauren Turton


At 1:59pm on February 24th, I was born to Jon and Ella Turton, who at the time lived in Dayton, Ohio. My father worked in road construction, and my mother — a Japanese immigrant — earned her living as a dental hygienist. My birth itself was premature, with me weighing only 5 pounds, 3 ounces at the time. This even dropped to a scant 4 pounds at one point. If nothing else, I’ve always been a fighter!



After a lovely first three years of life, it came as an unpleasant surprise to me when my younger brother Isaac was born and I had to start sharing my parents’ attention. At least, that was my initial reaction. As it turns out, having a younger brother — especially one that listened to everything I said at the time — can be really fun. 

From that same period, I have a particularly fond memory of a moment in which my mother was taking photos of the two of us, and I as a toddler would be pushing my brother out of the frame while yelling, “PICTURE ME. CAMERA ME.” to my mother. In retrospect, I suppose it’s not surprising in the slightest that I developed such an affinity for photo and video shoots as an adult, is it?



I was 8 years old when my parents decided that they wanted more from life than just working their 9-5’s. How did they decide to remedy this?

If you guessed ‘by becoming white water rafting guides’, then… how on earth could you have guessed that? But also, yes!

They signed on as guides with an outfitter company in Fayetteville, West Virginia. From Spring to Fall, every weekend the Turton family would travel there from Ohio to spend their days rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, and hiking. I can say with confidence that this period is where I developed my affinity for adventure and risk-taking.

Then, during the Summer, my brother and I would travel to Fort Myers, Florida to stay with our mother’s parents. Grandpa Brooks and Grandma Teddy were masters of Karate, so our time spent with them was no less interesting than our Springtime escapades. Our grandfather could often be found in the driveway performing knuckle-clap push ups and breaking cement blocks, while our grandmother — who, like my mother, immigrated from Japan — had some trouble gauging which movies were appropriate for kids. To this day, I still haven’t gotten over the time she picked out Steven King’s “Misery” for our movie night. Traumatizing!



When I entered middle school, I decided to join the band. My instrument of choice was the drums! I also took part in choirs and had a passion for performing on-stage. During this period, I was (and still am) super close to my grandparents, who lived just down the street. My father’s parents, Sue and Roy, always encouraged me to express my creativity through painting, drawing, and generally anything artsy. Grandma Sue also loved to take me shopping with her, and played no small part in my development of a love for fashion. Their mutual nickname for me was “Britt”, and it’s what they call me to this day.



I spent my high school years heavily involved in marching band, winter drumline, show choir, and musicals. Also, thanks to the starting push that my grandparents gave me in middle school, I maintained an interest in art, the classes for which I consistently excelled at. That being said, I was and probably never will be a big fan of math, which was one of my weaker subjects. I made peace with this by reasoning that no one person can be blessed with every skill. As far as friends go, my social circle was massive, and I was always floating from group to group. My best friend, Whitney Meyer, and I both loved TPing the houses of our other friends, and earned ourselves reputation as teenage troublemakers.



A few months after graduating Centerville High School, I packed up my Honda Civic and drove cross-country to Portland, Oregon. After spending a few months in Portland with my Godfather and his family, I moved to Long Beach, California. All the while, I supported myself by working random odd jobs to get by as I explored the West Coast.



After spending two years on the West Coast, I headed back to Ohio. Along the way, I made a spur of the moment to adopt a sassy Jack Russell Chihuahua pup which I named Luckie. She quickly became the master of my life, leading me to question which of us was truly the owner in the relationship.

From then till 2012, I worked at various restaurants in the Dayton area, including “Fricker’s”, “Bar Louie”, and simply “The Pub”, just to name a few. Of these, my favorite bar-none (pardon the pun, I just couldn’t resist) was The Pub. It was here that I worked under my favorite boss ever, Logan Hooper. I learned so much from him, the most notable takeaway being how to treat my work seriously without needing to get personally attached to it.

Additionally, during this time I attended night school at Sinclair Community College, where I obtained a certificate in photography. I learned about the art of self-portraits, and started a personal project which I dubbed “Find The Hare”. It involved me taking bizarre photos of myself in a rabbit mask. This project was started in 2010, and even now I occasionally add to my portfolio, having decided to turn it into a life-long passion project.



Ever since my short time in Southern California at age 19, I’d known that I needed to live there again at some point. So, at age 26, I once again packed my things, along with Luckie’s, and hit Route 70 heading West towards San Diego. Just like my time in Ohio, I spent my first years there working at various bars, restaurants, and event catering companies. I even wound up dialing into the nightlife scene, where I discovered a love for house music!



I started working at an event production company which produced events for clients in the Fortune 500 and Forbes Richest List, as well as a large assortment of internationally known nonprofits. At the same time, I had my own event company which produced events at the major nightclubs in downtown San Diego. I spent five extremely interesting, equally exhausting years in the world of event production before I made my exit.



I made the decision to branch off from the production company I’d been working with. I left to form my own company, an agency which worked with various brands on their events, marketing, and branding strategies. That company was launched in July of 2018, and I ended the year with a whopping 15 amazing client projects! At this point, I started transitioning my services online so that I could better scale my thriving business.



I headed off to India to volunteer at an orphanage for a few weeks. Though my initial time there wasn’t long, I walked away with a drastically changed view on life, and a newly found clarity on my calling, which is to give back to and serve others.

At the orphanage, I forged a close connection with a special young lady by the name of Nanditha. I met her as a strong-willed and determined 15-year-old who happened to be wheelchair-bound, and learned that at the age of 9, she’d been afflicted with a virus which had attacked her spine, leaving her crippled. From that point, she relearned how to use her hands and feet, and then to crawl, and eventually to walk once more. Her dream is to attend a university outside of India and become a doctor so that she can prevent the same kind of suffering she had to endure.

From the time we met till now, the two of us push one another to achieve our dreams and goals.

I returned to the US with newfound direction and motivation, making a promise to myself that from that point forward, I’d dedicate at least one day a month towards giving back to those in need. Shortly thereafter, I learned that a lawyer who’d previously volunteered had gone on to start a nonprofit which sponsors a variety of projects at the orphanage. I was brought on as Vice President of this nonprofit, and that first summer I hosted a few fundraisers which brought in over $5,000 to the children’s home. In addition to supporting this venture, I started a venture of my own dubbed “At Least One Day A Month”, in recognition of my self-promise. It’s a philanthropic group effort focused on working alongside small nonprofits and helping them to raise awareness for their respective causes.

One of my other major ventures in 2019 was becoming a founding partner of “Ciao Ciao Piadina”, an Italian restaurant that brought me on to handle branding, marketing, and the physical design of its environs. In fall of 2019, we secured a location in La Jolla, California, and began work on the project.

The last — but not least — major event of 2019 was the creation of a program for people in my own position; with growing brands based on their wellness expertise and a need to effectively transition their services online in order to scale their business. I did this in partnership with none other than Kai Light, who I’d begun working with in Fall of the same year.

All in all, 2019 was a huge year for me!



I entered this year still working with Ciao Ciao Piadina, and remain partnered with them at the time of writing this, though the events surrounding COVID-19 have slowed progress on our project. Even so, progress is still being made, and we plan to open in late 2020.

In addition to my work with Ciao Ciao, in January I contracted the mobile app development company Build Fire to develop an app for my “At Least One Day A Month” project. That’s slated to be released in September of 2020.

During this timeframe, I once again returned to India to continue my work at the orphanage. When I visited my friend Nanditha, I was surprised to learn that she’d written a book — a collection of original poems and short stories — in the time since we’d last met. I immediately set about assisting her with publishing her work to Amazon, so that when she eventually applies to university, she’ll be able to add “Author” to her already long list of accomplishments.

In the process of aiding Nanditha, I once again refined the clarity with which I viewed my life’s calling, realizing my affinity for helping other women seek their own clarity for their life callings. Following this, I developed an 8-step formula for success which I named “Soul Career Clarity”, and also wrote a book by the same name, which is now a #1 Best Seller!


This brings us to today. At the time of writing, 2020 has yet to conclude, and every passing day brings with it new developments ranging from good, to bad, to just plain interesting. I’m sure everyone reading this can more than relate. If nothing else, this year has presented me with a number of unprecedented challenges (both on the personal and the global scales) that have forced me to push past my prior limits in order to overcome them.

My prior projects — At Least One Day A Month, its developing app, my work with Ciao Ciao — all continue to see daily iteration and progress towards my final visions for them, and for everything this crazy year has thrown at me so far, it hasn’t once stopped me from moving forward each day. My Soul Career Clarity program is no exception, as I’ve made it my mission to assist like minded women in defining and achieving success; to stop settling and learn how to elevate their careers to heights they never thought possible.

With that, all my cards are on the table. You know almost all there is to know about me and my aspirations, and I’m preemptively putting my trust in you to be able to do the same with me on our shared path to success. I may not know your name as yet, but I fully believe that you have what it takes to reach out for the future that you want and deserve.

Do you?